Meta Items provide extra information for a page templates such as Related Pages, Event Dates etc. You can assign meta items to a template and to a website.
Adding a New Meta Item
- Click on ‘Meta Items’ from the main tree under Settings. On the top horizontal bar you can choose from three options: ‘Meta Items’, ‘Template Assign’ and ‘Site Assign’.
- To add a new meta item, click on the ‘Add New Meta Item’ button. This will open up a new window where you can populate the following fields: ‘Meta Name’ and ‘Meta Type’.
- Meta Name: Enter the meta name here.
- Meta Type: Select a meta type from the following options in the drop-down menu:
- Asset (one asset selection only)
- Assets (multiple asset selection)
- Assets with URL (multiple asset selection)
- Colour Selection
- Order Children By
- Page (multiple page selection)
- String (one string entry only)
- Strings (multiple string entry)
- Once complete, click the ‘Save Meta Item’ button. This will bring you back to the work-space, where you can review and add new Meta Items. You can ‘Delete’ Meta Items by choosing ‘Delete’ in the Actions drop-down menu.
Assigns a meta item to a page template. Once a page template changes within a CMS page, the meta items will also change to the template assigned items.
- Click on ‘Template Assign’ from the top horizontal bar.
- In the drop-down menu, choose a template from the available options.
- Check the check-boxes next to ‘Is Active’ to make it show on the page, and ‘Is Required’ to make it a required field.
To show the newly created Meta Item option on the website, you are required to assign the Meta Items to a particular website.
- Click on the ‘Site Assign’ option from the top horizontal bar.
- Select your website from the drop-down menu and then check each checkbox under ‘Is Active’ for each website you want the Meta Items to show under.